Wednesday, February 6, 2013

life of a tumbling coach

After I read THIS POST over on The Life of Bon about how much she loves her high school students it left me thinking about how much I love my students. {Though mine are much littler, and I don't teach them grammar....since I lack the knowledge myself.}

I teach tumbling. I believe it is the best job out there. Now there may be people who disagree with me, but I bet you would feel different after you spent some time with my kids.


Yesterday one of my 4 year olds ran  to me with the biggest smile on her face and says "WHITNEY! I brought you a present!" he then hands me a piece of gum.  I call this little one Jellyfish since she wears skirts that make her look like a jellyfish when she jumps. If I were to pick favorites she would definatly make the list. As would the rest of her class, along with my Wednesday intermediate class. These kids have been working so hard. Every single one of them learned there power hurdle roundoff today and am stoked!

1-Student learns a big new skill especially when it was a struggle for them.
2-Hugs... there nothing like love from a 3 year old.
3-When the kids have intense excitement about what we are doing. His name is Whitten and he brings me joy.
4-GOOD BEHAVIOR! {this does not include bringing your naughty 4 year old to the gym a half hour early and let her run around the entire gym expecting us to babysit her! We have classes that need our attention for crying out loud!}
5-And lastly, watching them grow.

In the short few years I have been teaching I have watched y kids grow up so much and I can't help wonder who they will become. I wonder sometimes how much of an impact I could have on these kids and it makes me think about what I have to offer them. I truly believe that the greatest thing I could give them is love. I have had kids that have come from foster homes, a girl with epilepsy, and a girl that could barley walk just to name a few. I have had some kids who have had it hard. I will never forget standing by the trampoline and watching the girl who struggled walking jump on the trampoline without falling. My kids have given me way more than I could ever give them. They have taught me about courage, they have taught me out working hard, they have taught me about patience, they have taught me about victory. They have given me enough love to last a lifetime. <3

I'd also like to do a quick shout out to my team mate Stirfry. Double mini was rough and I don't know what I would have done without you today. Thanks for the support.

So there you have it! My tumbling thoughts of the week! I've got a meet on Saturday and can't wait! That's all for now! I <3 my readers!!!

feel my sunlight

p.s. I am officially registered for EFY! I don't have a room mate yet, so if you don't want to go by yourself talk to me. Everyone should go register ASAP I promise you wont regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Watching these little kids grow and hearing the stories and compliments they have to say just make my day :) I swear my Thursday class was having a contest on who could compliment me the most that day because every single one of them did at least once. They are so sweet and I don't know what I would do without my job :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!