Thursday, June 27, 2013

AF13



Temple Thursday with these cute girls this morning!
So there is this countdown you see, and it is counting down the number of workouts left until National Championships. Today I changed this countdown to 1. I'm not sure how I feel about it. 1 more time I get to set foot in the gym before I hop on an airplane to Kansas City. No pressure. But besides the fact that I am not where I had planned to be at the beginning of the year as far as tumbling goes I'm having a good time. This summer is already going super fantastic and I must say it is one of the greatest summers yet. I mean, I'm going to EFY twice. Can it get any better? I submit that it cannot. {fist bump to my sister who was probably the only person who got that.}

Now, I went to summer seminary today {because it is the only kind of school I will even think about during the summer.} And I gave an impromptu devotional that I got from a session of EFY a few years ago that I thought I'd share with you. The thirteenth Article of Faith says:

     "We believe in being 
honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in    
          doing good 
                            to all men;
 indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—             
              We believe all things, 
we hope all things,                       
             we have endured many things,   
and hope to be able to endure all things.      
               If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, 
          we seek after these things."
                        -Article of Faith 13

I have noticed that with media today we seem to think that just because a movie is PG13 and you are over the age of 13 you can watch it, but in reality the only rating you should be worried about is if the movie is AF13. Article of faith thirteen that is. A movie can be rated PG, but if it does not fit into our AF13 rating it shouldn't pass our eyes or ears. The same goes with music, books, or any other form of entertainment.

If it isn't AF13, it's not clean.
{yes, I did just come up with that saying all by myself.}


This should be what all of our ratings looked like.

I have been really working on this the last couple of days and one thing I have done is I have swapped out my country music in my car to my collection of EFY and Jenny Phillips CDs. Now I'm in no way saying that country music is bad {I still love my country music!} and that any of you have to change what you like to listen to, I am saying that I have found that when I drive with uplifting music I am in a much better mood, because lets be honest, country music {and pop music for that matter} sometimes lacks on the virtuous side and uplifting music is an awesome way to invite the spirit. 

Well there is my motivational minute for the day. I hope you all take a second to look over your lives and see where you could use a little more AF13. I love you all! Thanks for reading and making me feel good about myself! ha



Feel my Sunlight



p.s. Today was just perfect. Absolutely incredibly perfect. Except for the fact that I just drank some delicious pickle juice and now my tummy is unhappy. YOLO my friends. YOLO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!