Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On the right track.

I know most of you don't have a clue about tumbling, but this has been on my mind as of late due to recent events. Lately I have felt like I didn't know what I wanted to do with this sport. I wasn't sure how long I wanted to continue and I wasn't sure what I wanted to work for other than another national championships. At one point in my life I wanted nothing more than to compete at nationals and making the flipside nationals team was for me about as big as making the Olympics. It was a long term goal that would take a lot of work. I trained like crazy and accomplished that dream. Well then what? I did it again twice with only the goal of making the team and representing my gym. I had not pushed my dream any further than that. I did not want to push the dream any further because I knew I could easily accomplish it again. This is where I went wrong. Just like in the movie Tangled where Eugene tells Rapunzel that if her dream is all she expected it to be that she must find a new dream, I realized that I must have a new dream if I want to have something to work towards. Well my new dream starts with receiving a mobility score so that I might one day be able to move on to bigger and greater things. My dream also includes making it onto the podium at a national championships. This is going to be hard and I just pray it is not to crazy for me to accomplish. But I once heard a quote that inspired me to dream big. It said...

"Aim for the sun,       
         If you don't make it,
at least you will land amongst   
        the stars."


This is my goal. Aim high and dream big. This dream starts with a 6:30 run tomorrow morning with my little bro. It also leaves me at the computer studying body positions until my eyes are dry and fall out. I think I am on the right track.



Feel my Sunlight



p.s. I love my coaches a whole lot. Thanks for all the help and support. I promise to work harder than you have ever seen anyone work before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!