Sunday, October 20, 2013

Writing your script

I'm back!! Oh how will I miss the sweet taste of warm air and the lack of school, but I'm pretty sure I won't miss having my WiFi back because blog lover gotta blog. 

This week has been so good.


food waiting. It's a hard life.
St. George Temple!
with my dad and sista at the temple! #baptismsswag
Reunion with my amazing EFY counselor, Michelle. I pretty much love her to death.

Attending other peoples wards is always fun especially when you don't know anybody in the ward. 

Today as the person conducting got up and said "we have had a new family move into our ward!" everyone turned around to look at us while we smiled and sank down in our seats. I'm sorry tiny southern Utah ward, but I can't stay. Haha the awkwardness of the situation was so great that as soon as the closing prayer was said my mom says "let's hurry and leave before somebody talks to us." As we shuffled out the door.

Regardless, it was a great sacrament meeting. There was one thing that the first speaker said that really stuck out to me. She said something to the extent of 

"you are writing your movie script for your life. If you are the person that reads their scriptures and says their prayers every day, make sure it's in the script. If you are the kind of person that goes to the temple every month {or week}, make sure it's in the script. And then once we write it in the script, we need to act it out."

I loved this because for the most part we are all good people with good intentions, but too often we let life get ahead of us and we forget to set aside time for our scriptures or to attend the temple and before we know it we have missed our chance.

I don't think any of us would write 8 hours of Internet and TV into our script on purpose, but still it happens because we don't write anything at all.

If we set aside time for the good things by "writing it in the script" we will more likely be able to accomplish the things that make us the person that we want to be.

I think I'm going to go work on my script now. What about you?



Feel my Sunlight


P.s. Everyone needs to go watch the Saratov Approach. It's pretty much the greatest ever.
p.s.s. If you want to serve a mission don't bring your mom with you. ^^^ 
p.s.s.s. I have been reading this blog by this lovely chick. I can't get over how stinkin' awesome she is.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Whitney! I really needed this message. Sorry it took me so long to comment, but I really have been thinking about what you wrote about writing our scripts and how I can apply it to my life. I'm really great at having good intentions, but acting can sometimes be a whole other story. Thank you for inspiring me to be better! And hahahaha the last time we visited a ward on vacation, they thought we were new, too. :D They even tried to give us callings. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that's so funny! Ya visiting other wards are always interesting. Thanks for commenting! I'm glad I can use this blog for good.

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!