Sunday, January 26, 2014

life is beautiful

Life is beautiful and people are wonderful.

I know It might not always seem true, but it is.

The way the light kisses the wood floor, the way the baby waves at you from under the table, the kind words spoken by people you look up to, the way the sun peaks over the mountain early in the morning, The encouraging words from a teacher, the people that take time to talk to you, the sweet spirit shared in sacrament meeting, the affects of the atonement felt, The way your headphones send music of Christ to your eardrums. The long meetings made fun. The way people testify of truth, the smiles shared, the laughs that become contagious, The excited texts your get from friends, the way the baby falls asleep in your arms, the joy shared thought the room.

And this was only what happened today.

Now add that to yesterday and tomorrow, and life is a beautiful thing.

I'd be ungrateful if I didn't write this post to thank God for all he has done for me. Don't get me wrong, life is hard and trials are ever present, but with the Lord even trials can become beautiful.

{Random insert: Need some AWESOME music? Click right HERE and check the box "Strength of Youth Media" I promise you will not be able to listen to it without smiling. BONUS! It's 100% clean!}

An awesome lady spoke in my ward today I loved when she said

  "isn't life a great adventure
It has it's ups and downs,             
      we never know what is 
around the corner,         
  but still, it is 
worth living." 

I've spent some time recently with some people who have less than good things to say about life. To these people I say keep going, focus on God, and let him show you who you are to him. Because,


"most of the confusion in our lives come from not knowing who we are"
                                   -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

You my friend, are a beloved son or daughter of God. He loves you and he wants nothing for greatness for you. Sometimes greatness comes through broken roads. If your in the middle of a hard time, maybe your just a currant bush.






















If your stuck in a rut the best thing to do is to

"forget yourself and go to work"
          -Bryant S. Hinkley

because "those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
                                                                  -J.M. Barrie
    
I hope you know that you are GLORIOUS and ETERNAL, that 

"Your future is as Bright as your faith" -president Monson,
 and that you can change the world.

You are incredible.
People are wonderful.
 Life is beautiful.

Look up.



feel my sunlight


p.s. ASL is an awesome language. It's also an awesome class that everybody should take. Just sayin. 
    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!