Sunday, January 19, 2014

perfected.

Life is a beautiful thing.

Sorry I've been away for the last 9 days. End of semester struggles. Ya feel me?

So I must first say thank you to my incredible coaches and team mates who have propelled me over the last little bit. And thank you Sandy for spending so much time with out team this week! You rock!

Yesterday marked the start of competition season for the year. Whooo!

For those of you who don't know, I am a competitive power tumbler. A power what? Power tumbling. It's a great thing. Watch this video. (I'm nowhere near that good, but you get the idea.)




Like I said, yesterday was the start of competition season and I finished out my first meet in third place with a score of 53.7. I'm pretty happy with it and am so thankful for my coaches and team mates who propelled me to where I am right now. I love you guys!

Even more, I am thankful that I even had the chance to compete.

Two days ago I was riding home from school in my friends little car when we collided with a school bus.

Nobody walked a way with even a scratch on their body.

This proved as a great awakening for me. Here we are, in a little tiny car, crashing into a moving bus. We shouldn't be this okay.

It shook me awake and made me realize that

we never know when we will be called home.

Nobody knows when the time will come for them to meet their maker. We need to be forever prepared for this experience because that moment can come in the blink of an eye when you least expect it.

For me I was fortunate enough to be given more time, but with that comes responsibility to be better.

I hope you take that responsibility too. 

I love this quote from the teachings of Lorenzo Snow that says:

"Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today. The temptations that perhaps partially overcome us today, let them not overcome us so far tomorrow. Thus continue to be a little better day by day; and do not let your life wear away without accomplishing good to others as well as to ourselves."


“Come unto Christ
and be perfected 
in him, and
 deny yourselves 
of all ungodliness”
-Moroni 10:32



Let's become perfect.


On a slightly unrelated note, if you happen to have 59 minutes and 55 seconds of free time over the next few days I encourage you to watch this awesome video about Thomas S. Monson. It's great.

    



feel my sunlight


p.s. My soul smiles because the sun is shining. It's a good day. 
p.s.s. Thank you thank you thank you to my AP English teacher for being merciful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so glad y'all are okay! I love how you explained this concept, and what a great quote from President Snow! It's so easy to feel like we have to be perfect now, but perfection is a journey. Thanks for this great reminder to live well and come unto Christ. You are awesome!

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    P.S. Congrats on your competition awards! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha when you said President Snow I immediately thought of President Snow from the Hunger Games and I was like "I didn't use a quote from President show"... And then I looked back and realized I used a quote from President Lorenzo Snow. Haha totally different President Snow.

      Thanks again!
      -Whit

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!