Sunday, April 20, 2014

#becauseofHim {an Easter post}

Exhalation is eternal life. It is the kind of life that our father lives. It is the kind of life we can live.

To have this life you MUST be PERFECT.

But we are all human. Humans make mistakes. It is inevitable that all humans who have ever walked this earth, walk this earth today, or will walk this earth will be imperfect.

All except one.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
-John 3:16

There was one who walked this earth walked every single day in perfect steps. He never gave to temptation and he spent his entire existence caring for those around him. He was the most unselfish person to ever walk this earth.

He suffered every pain and trial that human kind had ever known. He did this that we might not suffer as he did. He did this that we might have the chance to be forgiven.

He died so that the sting of death might have no victory, he lived that we might live again.

Because of him we can feel JOY.
Because of him we can LIVE AGAIN.
Because of him we can be FORGIVEN.
Because of him we can FORGIVE.
Because of him we can feel PEACE.
Because of him we can become LIKE HIM.
Because of him we can be made PERFECT.






This beautiful Sunday morning attended grandma's ward because me aunt and sister were performing a musical number for the program. During sacrament meeting wonderful returned sister missionary spoke about Christ. She made me realize something that I hadn't thought of before.

 You don't drive up to the window and say "I'd like eternal life please!" and then they would reply "okay, please drive up to the next window and we will give it to you."

It doesn't work that way.

It takes action. It is through Christ we are saved AFTER ALL THAT WE CAN DO.

Our mission on earth is to become like Christ, and then to help others become like Christ.

Moses 1:39 says
"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

God's greatest goal is that we will all receive immortality and eternal life. This is why he sent his Son.

We must live in a way that will bring us to this immortality and eternal life. We must live like Christ. We must apply Christ's atonement. We must become perfected in him. And then we must help others do the same.

There are those who are waiting to hear the truth, but they don't know where to find it.

We must bring it to him.

This Easter can prove as a reminder to us of what Christ did for us, and what we must now do for him.




feel my sunlight



p.s. I competed at the 2014 Utah State Power Tumbling State Championships yesterday!! I placed 2nd out of 21 girls. I had some FANTASTIC competition and everyone was great. I am so excited to be able to say that I hit mobility to move from level 8 to 9. In tumbling you must receive a certain score to do this. It has taken me 4 long years to receive this score and I am so proud to say that I FINALLY DID IT! Was it easy? NO. Was it worth it. YES! I also qualified for National Championships and am crossing my fingers that I will be able to go. Thanks to my amazing coaches, team mates, and tumbling friends that have helped me and pushed me down this long road. I couldn't have done this without you. I can't wait to see what the future brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!