Sunday, October 12, 2014

I'm gonna run right up this hill.

I just thought I'd bust out a quick post while I wait for the washer to finish so I can switch my laundry. No I did not procrastinate my laundry until the last minute, I simply planned not to do it until it was absolutely necessary. So here I am at the end of a near perfect Sunday night waiting for the suds machine to finish so that I don't have to wear dirty socks tomorrow. BUT ENOUGH ABOUT LAUNDRY! Let's talk about Church. (my favorite topic!)

Tonight was our ward's Young Women in Excellence. This is a night held once a year in which the girls are recognized for their accomplishments in Personal Progress. I need to make a HUGE shout out to Rylee, Raegan, and Meagan for getting their young women medallions today! Wear them with joy ladies! Seriously, I'm typing congrats so hard!

For those of you don't know, earning a young women's medallion is a big deal. You start this project when you are twelve, and it often takes until the end of your young women years (around age 16-18) to finish. That's 4-6 years of incredibly hard work. It takes over 80 hours to finish the 8 projects alone, and that doesn't include the 60 other smaller projects you have to complete. And when you are done with that big feat, you have the chance to earn an Honor Bee, which requires you to re-read the Book of Mormon, as well as complete 40 hours of service.

So as you can imagine, this is a big night for these three awesome girls. But what about for me?

I didn't receive any awards tonight. I didn't get any special recognition because I've already been awarded these great awards. I received my medallion back in February of 2013, and I received my Honor Bee not long after that. But what I didn't realize until tonight is that I've already begun my next big project. And when I receive this next award it won't be a charm to hang around my neck, but a badge I will wear on my chest. My next big project will look something like this...





So the project begins now. I am in the race to prepare to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. I have roughly 160 days (ABOUT 5 MONTHS!) until I can begin my papers, 220 days until I can submit them, and 340 days until I can leave, and everyday in between will hopefully be filled with striving to become the kind of person that the Lord would want to have wear his name over their heart 24/7. It will take a lot of hard work, but I am so excited for this next big project. I'm gonna run right up this hill.







feel my sunlight



p.s. This song by Mindy Gledhill is my theme song right now. It was in the movie Meet the Mormons which I went to go see last night. It was serously so incredible! Go see it!
p.s.s. My laundry is done! Peace out world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!