Saturday, September 5, 2015

Studio C Extra!

Raise your hand if you're a fan of Studio C! Good. Now that you are raising your hand stupidly while staring at your little LCD screen I want to tell you about a super awesome experience I had.

Have you seen Studio C yet? It's hilarious! And completely family-friendly! Giving away a ROKU on the blog this week so your family can enjoy too! #StudioC #roku:

For those of you who aren't raising your hand, Studio C is an awesome and hilarious family-friendly comedy show that plays on BYUtv every Monday at 10pm ET/8pm MT and is always available on YouTube. I highly recommend you all go watch some of their videos.  (Also read this blog post about the time I went to a fireside by Mallory Everton.)

The other day I had the crazy opportunity to be an extra on the set of a Studio C sketch! We filmed all night long in a dark creepy (probably haunted) abandoned warehouse in Provo. Filming began at 11:00 pm and I was on set until 6:00 am the next day and I must say that I have gained so much more respect for the filming process that takes place to make these clips. Talking to the cast members we learned that it can easily take 14 hours to make one 4 minute video and sometimes that means filming in the middle of the night. These guys are rock stars and pretty much the nicest people ever. Many of the cast members took time to talk to us and take pictures with us in between takes and it was so much fun to be able to get a little bit of the behind the scenes process. 

We were asked not to post pictures that we took while filming until after the skit airs, but here are a few pictures we got with a few of the cast members before filming started as well as a picture of the abandoned warehouse. 








Everybody watch Studio C season 6 which airs this Monday and watch out for my very average dance moves later on in the season!

Aside from occasionally hanging out on TV sets in the middle of the night, I'm quickly getting closer to Orlando! I report to the MTC in a whopping 17 days and I am definitely in crazy mode. There are so many thoughts and emotions going through my mind at a million miles an hour and it seems every other minute I feel different about leaving. Currently I'd say I'm excited to go, but not quite ready to leave.

Next week is my last week of coaching tumbling which I have been doing since I was a little thirteen year old and the kids I coach mean the world to me. I'm so grateful that I have been able to have this job for the last 6 years and leaving the gym is going to be one of the hardest parts about leaving. But that being said, I know it's my time to accept my call to serve so I want my tumbling kids to know that I love them to pieces. Tumble hard for me okay?

My farewell is next Sunday on the 13th and I am very excited to see everyone! If you want information about that check out my previous blog post. 

So I will see you all soon! And in the mean time here are a few of my favorite Studio C sketches for you to watch. 




I love you all!

-Whit

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool and a total dream of mine! I'll look for you in the episode:) Totally wish I could come to your farewell, but I'm having trouble finding a way to catch a quick flight out :) I'm so excited to hear about your amazing adventures in Florida!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cool and such a spur of the moment adventure! I didn't find out I was doing it until the night before but I'm so glad I did. The sketch I'll be in is called "Music Pressures." I totally hope you get to do it someday. haha I guess I'll forgive you. ;)
      -Whit

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!